The Banaras Sunrise Dress
Woven on a hand loom in the charming city of Banaras, the beautiful Chanderi fabric provides a bright canvas for this comfortable and versatile dress. Javed Ansari, a National Award-winning weaver, created this gorgeous fabric using silk and cotton yarn.
Our block printing artisan added the design created specifically for this fabric. Four custom wooden blocks were handmade to create the ever-so-happy flowers on this dress. Each block print created a different part of the design. The first “print” runs through the entire fabric and creates the outline for the flowers. The second block, dipped in yellow, fills the outer petals of the flower followed by the orange for the pistil and brown for the stem. This laborious process requires patience, skill and an unwavering attention to detail that can only be achieved through decades of practice. Enter BANARASFREESHIP at checkout to receive Free Shipping on your order.
- Feel extra special knowing that each dress is handcrafted and thus the block print has imperceptible differences
- Enjoy the feel of the extra soft 100% nylon lining against your skin
- Save time and your makeup with the extra-long zipper which makes getting in and out easy
- Banish embarrassment through strap hiding shoulder loops
- Dry clean to carefully protect the unique fabric
How to measure:
Bust: Measure under your arms around the fullest part of your chest
Drop Waist: Measure just below your natural waistline
Hips: Stand with both feet together and measure around the fullest part of your hips